Fontwell are confident of staging Tuesday's jumps meeting despite feeling it prudent to call a precautionary inspection at 8am.
Clerk of the course Ed Arkell reports the course to be raceable and is anticipating no problems as long as the weather forecast is accurate.
"We are perfectly raceable at the moment. We didn't have any frost last night. The covers are all down and they should cope with the frost we are forecast," he said.
"However, it is just better to be safe than sorry. It is precautionary.
"If we did get down to minus 4C or minus 5C then we would have problems, but we are not forecast that, more something like minus 2C to minus 3C. The covers should cope with that.
"They are saying it will be sunny in the morning, but there could be freezing fog about, which I don't think will get down as far as us.
"We will keep everything crossed we don't get it and it will help the situation as well. If the forecast is correct, we shouldn't have any problems."
The going was described on Monday afternoon as soft, heavy in places.
1 September 2014Maguire hails 'fantastic' Peddlers
Balding staying grounded with Park
Culloty joins Leger Legends
McCain salutes retiring Peddlers
Regard among September possibles
Cox takes Haydock plunge with Love
Seven Towcester meetings go to ARC
Paddy gunning for Chepstow
Athenian has sales date
No hurry for Cape call
Further checks for Condon
Mirza on Abbaye trail
Due set to miss Sprint date
Condon 'stable' after Cork fall
Queen rules supreme for Smith
River eases to debut success
Carla tops it up to four
Atzeni strikes on Cappella
Ocean team want Haydock rain
Big time beckons for Orange
Palmer aims high with Aktabantay
Hills ponders Dutch gameplan
31 August 2014Atzeni strikes on Cappella
Imminent return Likely
Logic on comeback trail
Dan edges closer to Mile high
Keane error costly for Unrequited
Notarfbad makes all in Mildmay
Orange enjoys Big win
Fabre strikes with Fintry
Akta in late Solario swoop
Icon takes starring role
Pearl fires home in Bullet
Shortall suffers injury setback
Tent team consider chasing
30 August 2014Keane error costly for Unrequited
Shepherd's sent to Tower
Time will tell for Charlton
Stack filly Alive to chance
Sansevero sent to Tower
Palmer plots Solario success
Fabre has high hopes for Fintry
Belardo team keen on Champagne
Rigueur targets Chester consolation
Native in hunt for Bullet gains
Arc still target for Taghrooda
29 August 2014Catterick on track for AW start
Twiston-Davies extends Aintree role
NTF launch Newcastle petition
Bangor launches schooling raceday
Glance sights turn to Australia
Elm to swerve Solario
Irish Leger an option for Seismos
Muir outlines Point plans
Maarek team mull sprint options
Eagle in Champion frame
Raydara plan undecided
Gosden raises Kingman trip question