Note
14 Feb 2011 | 19:15
Nag Me about
To add a NagMe alert you must sign in.
Forgot password?
Not a member yet?

Search: Horse Jockey Trainer Owner All

Chepstow outlines inspection plansHeadlines
Chepstow

Officials at Chepstow will wait until Christmas Eve before deciding when to inspect for their Coral Welsh National meeting on Thursday.

The Monmouthshire course has been hit by substantial rainfall in the last week ahead of the track's most high-profile fixture in the calendar. The course is currently waterlogged in places and there is more rain on the way.

Clerk of the course Keith Ottesen said on Sunday: "In just over 24 hours we have had 45 millimetres, which takes us up to 135mm in nine days - that is nearly five and a half inches. We are up to 1500mm for the year and we had 849mm for the whole of 2011, so it's not quite doubled, but we're not far off."

He went on: "It stopped raining at around 3am this morning and quite a bit of the surface water we had has now gone, so there has been improvement.

"However, there is quite high confidence that another band of rain is coming in tonight, bringing something between 10 and 15 millimetres, and that will leave us where we were on Saturday.

"We will see what tonight brings before calling an inspection. We will be inspecting at some stage but the timing of it will depend on what we get tonight. There is more rain forecast for Monday and Tuesday, but it is showery in nature so we could miss those or we could get some sharp showers.

"There is another band coming in on Wednesday but it is not due to be as long as what we have been getting. We'll get through tonight and see where we are."

Chepstow officials are making contingency plans to switch the card to January 5, should conditions not improve sufficiently.

"First and foremost we are thinking about racing on the 27th," said Ottesen.

"It is not a foregone conclusion we won't race that day, though obviously with the rain we've had and are forecast there is some doubt. In the meantime we are working on a contingency plan of racing on January 5."

22 July 2014

Signal pointed at Phoenix
Course specialist in Ascot return
Bary plots Arc route for Spiritjim
Charlton weighs up Kazeem options
Strangeway targets Galway riches
Grade One status for Mares' event
Halford retains Certerach faith
Varian seeking York glory
HRI unveil 2015 plans
Buick on Ascot weather watch
High hopes for Odeliz
Minella to take Plate test
Scudamore banned for course blunder
Toscanini team mull options
Faydhan team in no rush
Fast Kaar given Dewhurst target
Pique Sous confirmed for Galway
Hannon team cool on Nunthorpe bid
Channon excited by Amralah progress
Haggas expects Hanagan to ride Tag

21 July 2014

Ebor the Clever choice for Cookie
Deauville mission for Fiesolana
Chicquita in Yorkshire Oaks frame
Magical Moore shines again
Kool result for Hannon
Guest considers Memory options
Euro stays with Botti
Ascot on Moohaarib agenda
Injury blow for Boistron team
Encke set for Glorious return
No hurry for Tiggy target
No rush for East aim

20 July 2014

Sous heads Galway Hurdle betting
McCoy savours overtaking Pipe
Bracelet glitters in Irish Oaks
Whittington pounces in Anglesey
Music masters Hackwood rivals
Dazzling Tiggy in Nunthorpe frame
Gutsy Ansgar makes all
India too hot in Curragh opener
Fourth for Kazeem on return
Kosika crushes Newbury rivals

19 July 2014

Bracelet glitters in Irish Oaks
It's a day to remember for McCoy
It's a Rasen Gimme for McCoy
Super-sonic display from Tiggy
Bay bounds clear for Summer spoils
Sunshine at last at Rasen
Storms force Market Rasen delay
Lady bids to bow out on a high
Ansgar takes Minstrel chance
Newsletter out to deliver
Cox pair take Super challenge
Kazeem on the comeback trail
Tennant sitting on big Rasen prize
Newland seeks easy Pickens at Rasen
Realtra camp have Sprint concern
Tarfasha team hopeful of home win

About | Terms | Privacy | Manage Alerts | Manage Account | © 2014