Note
14 Feb 2011 | 19:15
Nag Me about
To add a NagMe alert you must sign in.
Forgot password?
Not a member yet?

Search: Horse Jockey Trainer Owner All

Friday meetings in doubtHeadlines
Musselburgh

Musselburgh and Chepstow have been forced to call inspections on Thursday ahead of Friday's meetings.

Musselburgh, set for am 8am check, is currently frozen after temperatures dipped to -5C overnight with little hope of it rising above much freezing throughout the day. The one hope is that temperatures on Thursday could reach 3C, although snow could then move in.

General manager Bill Farnsworth said on Wednesday morning: "The track is frozen. It was -5C last night, it will get up to +2C today but the frost won't move at all and then it will be -1C tonight. That isn't as bad but it isn't going to make it any better.

"Tomorrow it should be +3C and then there is a great deal of uncertainty about the forecast for Thursday night into Friday. We have high pressure over us at the moment and then we'll have a weather front coming over from the west. If that front doesn't get to us it will remain very cold and the track will still be frozen on Friday.

"If it does come over us, the warm air could meet the cold air about midday and we will get a big dump of snow. There is a chance it may move over us completely in which case we will get rain not snow and temperatures warm up a bit sooner."

Chepstow is also under threat from the cold snap with an inspection called for midday. The course is frozen in places and there is be the added problem of snow being forecast.

"We are frost affected and we are frozen in places. It's not rock solid everywhere but there is enough frost underneath the covers as well mainly because it was -3.5C overnight," said clerk of the course Keith Ottesen.

1 September 2014

Maguire hails 'fantastic' Peddlers
Balding staying grounded with Park
Culloty joins Leger Legends
McCain salutes retiring Peddlers
Regard among September possibles
Cox takes Haydock plunge with Love
Seven Towcester meetings go to ARC
Paddy gunning for Chepstow
Athenian has sales date
No hurry for Cape call
Further checks for Condon
Mirza on Abbaye trail
Due set to miss Sprint date
Condon 'stable' after Cork fall
Queen rules supreme for Smith
River eases to debut success
Carla tops it up to four
Atzeni strikes on Cappella
Ocean team want Haydock rain
Big time beckons for Orange
Palmer aims high with Aktabantay
Hills ponders Dutch gameplan

31 August 2014

Atzeni strikes on Cappella
Imminent return Likely
Logic on comeback trail
Dan edges closer to Mile high
Keane error costly for Unrequited
Notarfbad makes all in Mildmay
Orange enjoys Big win
Fabre strikes with Fintry
Akta in late Solario swoop
Icon takes starring role
Pearl fires home in Bullet
Shortall suffers injury setback
Tent team consider chasing

30 August 2014

Keane error costly for Unrequited
Shepherd's sent to Tower
Time will tell for Charlton
Stack filly Alive to chance
Sansevero sent to Tower
Palmer plots Solario success
Fabre has high hopes for Fintry
Belardo team keen on Champagne
Rigueur targets Chester consolation
Native in hunt for Bullet gains
Arc still target for Taghrooda

29 August 2014

Catterick on track for AW start
Twiston-Davies extends Aintree role
NTF launch Newcastle petition
Bangor launches schooling raceday
Glance sights turn to Australia
Elm to swerve Solario
Irish Leger an option for Seismos
Muir outlines Point plans
Maarek team mull sprint options
Eagle in Champion frame
Raydara plan undecided
Gosden raises Kingman trip question

About | Terms | Privacy | Manage Alerts | Manage Account | © 2014