Note
14 Feb 2011 | 19:15
Nag Me about
To add a NagMe alert you must sign in.
Forgot password?
Not a member yet?

Search: Horse Jockey Trainer Owner All

Extra fixtures at two tracksHeadlines
A wintry scene at Wolverhampton

Additional fixtures have been arranged for Wolverhampton on Tuesday and Ayr on Wednesday due to the present cold snap playing havoc with the racing programme.

The BHA, in conjunction with the Levy Board, has authorised a seven-race card at the Dunstall Park venue. The races will close at noon on Saturday, while declarations must be made by 10.00 am on Sunday. The meeting is scheduled to run from 2pm to 5.10pm.

Although many parts of the country are currently covered by snow, Ayr remains raceable, prompting the BHA to bring in an extra meeting there, too.

The Scottish track's clerk of the course Emma Marley said: "With racing caught in the grip of snow and frost which has swept the rest of the country, we are delighted to be in a position to stage an additional fixture."

Entries for the six-race card will close at noon on Saturday, with declaration time 10am on Tuesday.

Tuesday's jumps cards are already under threat. The fixture at Leicester is in grave doubt, with officials admitting it would take "a miracle" for it to survive, while officials at Wetherby will hold an inspection at 11am on Sunday to assess prospects.

The West Yorkshire venue is covered with snow and clerk of the course Jonjo Sanderson is pessimistic about the chances of the fixture beating the elements.

He said: "We have a covering of snow. It's not heavy, but it's no longer light. We are also frozen in one or two places and there is further snow forecast for any time from tonight until Sunday.

"The daytime temperatures are only zero and the night temperatures are around minus 1C. There is not enough optimism in that forecast to suggest we'll be racing on Tuesday, I'm afraid."

Leicester clerk of the course Jimmy Stevenson has called an inspection for 9am on Sunday. The course is covered by two inches of snow and with parts of the turf frozen underneath, Stevenson believes the meeting has little chance of surviving. He said: "It's not looking good. It needs a miracle."

1 September 2014

Maguire hails 'fantastic' Peddlers
Balding staying grounded with Park
Culloty joins Leger Legends
McCain salutes retiring Peddlers
Regard among September possibles
Cox takes Haydock plunge with Love
Seven Towcester meetings go to ARC
Paddy gunning for Chepstow
Athenian has sales date
No hurry for Cape call
Further checks for Condon
Mirza on Abbaye trail
Due set to miss Sprint date
Condon 'stable' after Cork fall
Queen rules supreme for Smith
River eases to debut success
Carla tops it up to four
Atzeni strikes on Cappella
Ocean team want Haydock rain
Big time beckons for Orange
Palmer aims high with Aktabantay
Hills ponders Dutch gameplan

31 August 2014

Atzeni strikes on Cappella
Imminent return Likely
Logic on comeback trail
Dan edges closer to Mile high
Keane error costly for Unrequited
Notarfbad makes all in Mildmay
Orange enjoys Big win
Fabre strikes with Fintry
Akta in late Solario swoop
Icon takes starring role
Pearl fires home in Bullet
Shortall suffers injury setback
Tent team consider chasing

30 August 2014

Keane error costly for Unrequited
Shepherd's sent to Tower
Time will tell for Charlton
Stack filly Alive to chance
Sansevero sent to Tower
Palmer plots Solario success
Fabre has high hopes for Fintry
Belardo team keen on Champagne
Rigueur targets Chester consolation
Native in hunt for Bullet gains
Arc still target for Taghrooda

29 August 2014

Catterick on track for AW start
Twiston-Davies extends Aintree role
NTF launch Newcastle petition
Bangor launches schooling raceday
Glance sights turn to Australia
Elm to swerve Solario
Irish Leger an option for Seismos
Muir outlines Point plans
Maarek team mull sprint options
Eagle in Champion frame
Raydara plan undecided
Gosden raises Kingman trip question

About | Terms | Privacy | Manage Alerts | Manage Account | © 2014