Note
14 Feb 2011 | 19:15
Nag Me about
To add a NagMe alert you must sign in.
Forgot password?
Not a member yet?

Search: Horse Jockey Trainer Owner All

Kempton call inspectionHeadlines
Horses prepare to work in the snow at Malton in Yorkshire

Sunday's meeting at Kempton will have to pass a 9am inspection if it is to go ahead.

Saturday's fixture was staged as planned, but two morning checks were required before it could be given the thumbs-up and with another cold night in prospect, officials have decided to assess conditions in the morning.

The track tweeted: "We are holding a 9am inspection on Sunday morning ahead of the afternoon fixture. Seven races, first race 1.55pm"

Sunday's meeting at Fairyhouse has been abandoned following an inspection on Saturday afternoon. Officials were due to check the track at 2pm, but they took an early decision with parts of the course found to be unfit for racing due to waterlogging.

Catterick's National Hunt meeting on Wednesday is already in serious doubt after an inspection was called for 9am on Monday.

The North Yorkshire circuit remains covered in snow after a further three inches fell on Friday night and with the turf underneath frozen, clerk of the course Fiona Needham admits the fixture has little chance of beating the weather.

She said: "We have three inches of snow on the track and the ground was frozen before that fell, so we need a minor miracle. Looking at the forecast the temperatures aren't due to rise at all for the next couple of days, so we're looking a bit forlorn."

Leicester's National Hunt meeting on Tuesday has been abandoned due to snow.

Clerk of the course Jimmy Stevenson initially called an inspection for 9am on Sunday, but after a further four inches of snow fell at the course on Friday night, that inspection was brought forward to 10.30am on Saturday and he made the inevitable decision to call off the fixture.

Stevenson said: "It was an easy decision. We have between four and five inches of snow on the track at present and there is no outlook of temperatures rising above freezing for the next four or five days. Underneath the snow the course is frozen in places, so there is no chance of racing on Tuesday."

4 July 2015

Walsh indebted to king Kauto
Angel confirmed Sandown non-runner
Doyle and Johnston shine at Sandown
Johnson scorches to fastest fifty
Windshear up for the Cup
Muhaarar in great form - Hills
Chantilly off the radar for Test
Gatsby sets sights on Horn
Queen aiming to reign in Oaks
Gosden respects Golden rivals

3 July 2015

Cyclone set for Leopardstown outing
Waady aiming to step up
Angel major Sandown doubt
Strong Gosden hand at Newmarket
Doyle up for the Challenge
Sandown team mull watering plans
Kazeem on comeback trail
Lennox option for Limato
Magnificent seven for Elliott
Pendleton thrilled with first ride
Balding hoping for Park August run
Kirby unscathed in house fire
Pilot charters path to York
Provenance has claims on Sandown
Soapy out to slay Dragon rivals
Spencer rides Gatsby in Eclipse
Space considered for Ascot return

2 July 2015

Creighton discharged from hospital
Postulation checks in at Belmont
Charming thoughts turn to Doncaster
Deauville date for Diamond
Mecca's takes Thirsk honours
Dods waits on Angel decision
Soumillon takes Certain ride
Mile on Spear radar
September aim for Tryster
Cup aim for Arab
Time out for Hannon aces
Close encounter excites Doyle
Island to drop in grade

1 July 2015

Muir keeps faith with Baz
Lynam ponders dual July raid
Geraghty targets weekend return
Pendleton swaps saddles at Newbury
Latharnach given Goodwood aim
More Stewart woe for Lynam
Time makes all the right moves
Canadian dream for Odeliz
Ground to dictate plans for Ribbons
Walsh remembers 'heavyweight' Kauto
Queen possible for Godolphin debut
Intilaaq in line for return
McCoy salutes 'amazing' Kauto
Nicholls leads Kauto tributes
Star put down after paddock fall

About | Terms | Privacy | Manage Alerts | Manage Account | © 2015