Note
14 Feb 2011 | 19:15
Nag Me about
To add a NagMe alert you must sign in.
Forgot password?
Not a member yet?

Search: Horse Jockey Trainer Owner All

Cheltenham facing crucial 48 hoursHeadlines
Cheltenham

Officials at Cheltenham believe the weather over the next couple of days will be crucial as to whether their Festival Trials meeting will go ahead on Saturday.

Although the course is raceable under the protective covers, it remains very cold and more snow is forecast before a hoped-for improvement in the second half of the week.

Clerk of the course Simon Claisse describes the meeting as "being in the balance" and expects a better idea of prospects by Wednesday morning.

"The course remains raceable under the covers. The temperatures are below freezing and there is a just a touch of very light snow in the air," he said on Monday.

"There is the chance we will get further light snow tomorrow with temperatures beginning to get better by Thursday/Friday and rain on Saturday. I think it is still very much in the balance at this stage.

"We will remove the covers when most of the snow has thawed and that is where we need the help of not too much more snow, and milder air by the end of the week.

"I think the next crucial stage in our thinking will be after we have had the snow that's forecast for tomorrow and tomorrow night. I think we will have a pretty good idea as to the way it's heading on Wednesday morning."

24 May 2015

O'Brien still has Derby puzzle
Air Force has lift-off on debut
Guineas glory for Pleascach
More Curragh Gold for Kazeem
Curvy holds off Canaletto
Super Solow takes Longchamp prize
Full steam ahead for Mast return
Varian pleased by Belardo effort
Dirty scope blamed for Byron run
Ascot test for Time
Mustajeeb sprints to it
Pearl's a sprint jewel for Barron
Tate springs Listed surprise
First Ascot chance for Crisford
Glen best miler we've had - O'Brien
Exciting options for Simcock ace
Muta grabs Bowl with late charge
No decision on replacement - McCoy
Harrington bids for Guineas glory

23 May 2015

Mustajeeb sprints to it
Big-race options for Corsican team
Gagarin in orbit for Gallinule
Tudhope back for Force mount
Luck be a Lady for Burke
Gleneagles tees off at Curragh
Stars dazzles at Goodwood
Dettori receives golden ticket
Tudhope suffers Haydock blow
Gatsby in great form for Gold run
O'Brien banking on Found progress
Sole seeking home success
Remote makes Festival return
Force back for Temple test

22 May 2015

Paris in Sandown shake-up
Ivawood targets Guineas revenge
Brooch aiming to sparkle again
Dods hoping Angel can soar
Cumani hangs fire as Dubai dazzles
Dods hoping for Angel delight
Epicuris team seek dispensation
Treve buzzing for Corrida comeback
No going concerns for Gatsby
Fallon sidelined
Gleneagles spearheads Guineas field
Power to stay in Ireland
Muthmir earmarked for Haydock date

21 May 2015

Ground concerns for Pretend
Ball back on duty at Worcester
Ground key to Boy Gold run
Fitz up against it for Galway
Hobbs to race in Godolphin blue
Haggas has plenty to Wonder about
Straight to Ascot for Rizeena
Curragh all set for big weekend
Byron in Greenlands hunt
Sandown or Epsom options for Spring
O'Brien looks to Tapestry
Europe the 'horse of a lifetime'
Legatissimo in Oaks reckoning

About | Terms | Privacy | Manage Alerts | Manage Account | © 2015