Note
14 Feb 2011 | 19:15
Nag Me about
To add a NagMe alert you must sign in.
Forgot password?
Not a member yet?

Search: Horse Jockey Trainer Owner All

Catterick claimed by weatherHeadlines
Catterick

Wednesday's meeting at Catterick has been abandoned.

Clerk of the course Fiona Needham reports the weather to have been slightly warmer over the weekend, but with snow on the track, there is no prospect of racing.

She said: "It's not actually been that cold over the weekend but it's snowing again as we speak and it's not going to improve. Our next meeting is February 1 so let's hope things have improved by then."

Exeter's card on the same day still has "a glimmer of hope" after clerk of the course Barry Johnson called an 8am inspection for Tuesday.

The track currently has a covering of snow but a new front is forecast to move in tonight which could bring either rain, sleet or snow. If it falls as rain, the meeting could still go ahead.

Johnson said: "We've got a glimmer of hope. We're not too sure what's going to fall overnight, it could easily be snow which would give us no chance, but it may be rain or sleet which would help shift the snow. We'll know by 8am."

Prospects at Ayr have taken a turn for the worse with snow now forecast.

The British Horseracing Authority put on an extra fixture at the Scottish track on Wednesday as it was thought it would escape the worst of the weather. Until the last 24 hours there were no problems reported, but the meeting is now somewhat in the balance.

Clerk of the course Emma Marley said on Monday: "We are perfectly raceable at present. We were 1C overnight and 2C yesterday. However, the forecast is for light snow tonight and into tomorrow morning, one to two centimetres.

"We'll have a better idea of our chances in the morning, but the forecast is slightly problematic. All we can do is wait and see as it is coming in from the east coast and it is quite heavy over there."

1 September 2014

Paddy gunning for Chepstow
Athenian has sales date
No hurry for Cape call
Further checks for Condon
Mirza on Abbaye trail
Due set to miss Sprint date
Condon 'stable' after Cork fall
Queen rules supreme for Smith
River eases to debut success
Carla tops it up to four
Atzeni strikes on Cappella
Ocean team want Haydock rain
Big time beckons for Orange
Palmer aims high with Aktabantay
Hills ponders Dutch gameplan

31 August 2014

Atzeni strikes on Cappella
Imminent return Likely
Logic on comeback trail
Dan edges closer to Mile high
Keane error costly for Unrequited
Notarfbad makes all in Mildmay
Orange enjoys Big win
Fabre strikes with Fintry
Akta in late Solario swoop
Icon takes starring role
Pearl fires home in Bullet
Shortall suffers injury setback
Tent team consider chasing

30 August 2014

Keane error costly for Unrequited
Shepherd's sent to Tower
Time will tell for Charlton
Stack filly Alive to chance
Sansevero sent to Tower
Palmer plots Solario success
Fabre has high hopes for Fintry
Belardo team keen on Champagne
Rigueur targets Chester consolation
Native in hunt for Bullet gains
Arc still target for Taghrooda

29 August 2014

Catterick on track for AW start
Twiston-Davies extends Aintree role
NTF launch Newcastle petition
Bangor launches schooling raceday
Glance sights turn to Australia
Elm to swerve Solario
Irish Leger an option for Seismos
Muir outlines Point plans
Maarek team mull sprint options
Eagle in Champion frame
Raydara plan undecided
Gosden raises Kingman trip question

About | Terms | Privacy | Manage Alerts | Manage Account | © 2014