Note
14 Feb 2011 | 19:15
Nag Me about
To add a NagMe alert you must sign in.
Forgot password?
Not a member yet?

Search: Horse Jockey Trainer Owner All

Cheltenham facing key periodHeadlines
Cheltenham

The next 24 hours remain crucial for Cheltenham in their bid to stage Saturday's Festival Trials Day meeting.

Officials are still hopeful the card, which is also set to feature the rescheduled Victor Chandler Chase from Ascot, will go ahead, but are praying the forecast snow for Tuesday night is light.

A slight thaw on Monday enabled clerk of the course Simon Claisse to do some early preparatory work, but much more needs to be done and he expects to be in a better position to assess the situation on Wednesday morning. Any contingency plans to save the fixture will then be discussed further if necessary.

"We remain hopeful and are crossing everything," said Claisse.

"We had a little bit of a thaw yesterday, which enabled us to get a little lightweight tractor on the covers with a brush, to brush the remaining snow off. That is good news.

"We are still forecast one to two centimetres of snow tonight. We will cope with the lower end, we may have a big challenge if we get the other end because there aren't any real positive signs of thawing temperatures until Saturday.

"The crucial time for us is the next 24 hours as to what might further come out of the sky.

"We've been in discussion with the authorities and Jockey Club Racecourses since Friday, but we've always said in terms of timings and decisions, we need to get through the next snow event which is forecast for tonight.

"Then we will be in a better position to see what our prospects are."

1 September 2014

Maguire hails 'fantastic' Peddlers
Balding staying grounded with Park
Culloty joins Leger Legends
McCain salutes retiring Peddlers
Regard among September possibles
Cox takes Haydock plunge with Love
Seven Towcester meetings go to ARC
Paddy gunning for Chepstow
Athenian has sales date
No hurry for Cape call
Further checks for Condon
Mirza on Abbaye trail
Due set to miss Sprint date
Condon 'stable' after Cork fall
Queen rules supreme for Smith
River eases to debut success
Carla tops it up to four
Atzeni strikes on Cappella
Ocean team want Haydock rain
Big time beckons for Orange
Palmer aims high with Aktabantay
Hills ponders Dutch gameplan

31 August 2014

Atzeni strikes on Cappella
Imminent return Likely
Logic on comeback trail
Dan edges closer to Mile high
Keane error costly for Unrequited
Notarfbad makes all in Mildmay
Orange enjoys Big win
Fabre strikes with Fintry
Akta in late Solario swoop
Icon takes starring role
Pearl fires home in Bullet
Shortall suffers injury setback
Tent team consider chasing

30 August 2014

Keane error costly for Unrequited
Shepherd's sent to Tower
Time will tell for Charlton
Stack filly Alive to chance
Sansevero sent to Tower
Palmer plots Solario success
Fabre has high hopes for Fintry
Belardo team keen on Champagne
Rigueur targets Chester consolation
Native in hunt for Bullet gains
Arc still target for Taghrooda

29 August 2014

Catterick on track for AW start
Twiston-Davies extends Aintree role
NTF launch Newcastle petition
Bangor launches schooling raceday
Glance sights turn to Australia
Elm to swerve Solario
Irish Leger an option for Seismos
Muir outlines Point plans
Maarek team mull sprint options
Eagle in Champion frame
Raydara plan undecided
Gosden raises Kingman trip question

About | Terms | Privacy | Manage Alerts | Manage Account | © 2014