Scheduled National Hunt meetings at Doncaster and Huntingdon on Friday have been abandoned because of snow on the tracks.
Doncaster's big meeting on Saturday is also under threat. Officials on Town Moor made an early call to cancel the Friday fixture due to the diminishing prospects of a thaw.
Clerk of the course Roderick Duncan said on Wednesday: "There is still snow on the track. We had a little bit of a thaw yesterday but there is still more than a covering in most places. The forecast for Thursday was 2C at best and -4C at worst, with the best forecast overnight being zero. Further snow and sleet is also in some forecasts."
The Sky Bet Chase and the rearranged StanJames.com Champion Hurdle Trial feature on Saturday's card and officials will inspect the track again at 2pm on Thursday to assess prospects.
Duncan added: "We are going to have a look for Saturday just to see if there is any improvement. Saturday daytime temperatures are a little bit better but we need an improvement in overnight temperatures for Friday. There needs to be a significant improvement in the forecast for Saturday to have a chance. We will need a real positive overnight temperature on Friday to give us an opportunity."
Huntingdon's meeting on Friday was also abandoned on Wednesday morning. With the track still covered in snow, the decision to call off the fixture following a 9.30am course inspection was a straightforward one.
Clerk of the course Sulekha Varma tweeted: "Three inches of snow still on track and no prospect of sufficient thaw."
Officials at Sedgefield are pessimistic about their chances of racing on Sunday after calling an inspection for 2pm on Thursday. Clerk of the course Phil Tuck admits the meeting is likely to be called off as the track is covered by snow, with little chance of an immediate improvement.
He said: "I think it will be a formality really as it's not looking good here. We have got quite a lot of snow on the track, maybe five inches or so, and more in other areas where the snow has drifted.
"The temperature is forecast to drop to -4C tonight which does not give us much hope, so we will have a look tomorrow."
2 September 2014ARC "committed" to Newcastle plan
Panther primed for Leger mission
Noble on Champion Mission
Danzeno to enter big league
Story set for Dubai return
Ruler in line for Foy return
BHA turn down Newcastle bid
Towcester not "turning its back"
Demuro booked for Moon Arc prep
Chicquita nears return
Murphy excited by Purse
Surprise Matron aim for Tapestry
Maguire nearing racecourse return
Estimate among bumper Cup entry
Maguire hails 'fantastic' Peddlers
Balding staying grounded with Park
Culloty joins Leger Legends
Regard among September possibles
Cox takes Haydock plunge with Love
Paddy gunning for Chepstow
Athenian has sales date
No hurry for Cape call
Mirza on Abbaye trail
1 September 2014McCain salutes retiring Peddlers
Seven Towcester meetings go to ARC
Further checks for Condon
Due set to miss Sprint date
Condon 'stable' after Cork fall
Queen rules supreme for Smith
River eases to debut success
Carla tops it up to four
Atzeni strikes on Cappella
Ocean team want Haydock rain
Big time beckons for Orange
Palmer aims high with Aktabantay
Hills ponders Dutch gameplan
31 August 2014Atzeni strikes on Cappella
Imminent return Likely
Logic on comeback trail
Dan edges closer to Mile high
Keane error costly for Unrequited
Notarfbad makes all in Mildmay
Orange enjoys Big win
Fabre strikes with Fintry
Akta in late Solario swoop
Icon takes starring role
Pearl fires home in Bullet
Shortall suffers injury setback
Tent team consider chasing
30 August 2014Keane error costly for Unrequited
Shepherd's sent to Tower
Time will tell for Charlton
Stack filly Alive to chance
Sansevero sent to Tower
Palmer plots Solario success
Fabre has high hopes for Fintry
Belardo team keen on Champagne
Rigueur targets Chester consolation
Native in hunt for Bullet gains
Arc still target for Taghrooda