Hopes of Cheltenham's big Festival Trials Day meeting defying the elements this weekend have risen despite another inch of snow falling on the track on Tuesday night.
No further significant snowfall is forecast ahead of the fixture and officials will work to clear the white stuff from the covers that have been protecting the surface before a planned inspection at 8am on Friday.
As a proviso, the card could take place on Sunday should the course not be deemed fit to race on Saturday.
"We had a manageable amount of an inch of snow overnight," clerk of the course Simon Claisse told At The Races.
"The course remains unfrozen under the covers. We have severe frost forecast for Thursday night, but providing the forecast for rain on Friday night stays in place and there is no further threat of snow I am getting more and more optimistic about the Saturday card going ahead.
"The forecast is for it to stay dry until Friday afternoon when the rain band may be preceded by a little sleet or snow. I would anticipate if the forecast is right, come Friday morning after that last frost we will be able to give the go-ahead then.
"If the weather does turn against us we still have the Sunday option."
6 December 2013Bec puzzler for Lavelle
Moore's Vino is vintage stuff
Mullins sets sights on Navan
Captain taking charge for Henderson
George plots Aintree gold rush
King out to reign in Henry VIII
Newcastle in talks over AW track
Carberry sidelined for weekend
Sir champing at bit for Durkan date
Dunaden 'back to his best'
Glance sights fixed on Cup glory
Strawbridge coy over Cloud future
Baby on board for Becher
Sire out to profit from Sacre blow
Queen awarded ROA honour
Three-month ban for Arnold
Contrite Butler must 'rebuild life'
Nicholls watching ground for Roque
Topper tests Future waters
Murphy hit by nine-day ban
Big field for Becher
Sacre forced out of Sandown return
Cadeaux team enjoying the ride
Lantern burning bright once more
5 December 2013Rasen survives wind scare
Festival switch for Mares' race
Sacre out of Tingle Creek
No luck for Jwala in Sprint draw
Aigles well ahead of fourth Cup bid
Rasen to check on wind
Butler considers ban response
Court team eyeing Huntingdon return
Oscar on course for Cheltenham
Cantlow in Cheltenham frame
Juddmonte "not for sale"
Noseda content with Grand journey
Cloud future hinges on Mile outcome
Road charts route towards Becher
Knight backs Somersby to shine
4 December 2013Butler handed five-year ban
Rain key to Azorian Navan bid
Greatrex ponders Baby gameplan
Pipe tinkers with Crus schedule
Fahy eyes Morning glory in Topaz
Verse goes for a song at Tatts
King brings up personal milestone
King issues bleak Invictus update
Tatenen chasing December gold
Rocky revved up for Lexus
Sir and Star set for Durkan date
Sandown heat attracts novice stars
Bolster aiming for confidence boost
Hill faces Becher test
3 December 2013British pair head Power weights
Sea sidesteps Exeter date
Madison Du Berlais dies of colic
Huxley retired from the saddle
Lynam hoping for winning Power
Mullins maps Sceaux plan
Wrist injury sidelines Dalton
Bob on World trail
Sacre a doubt for Tingle Creek
Europe sets sail for Leopardstown
Mullins banks on Hurricane progress
Stellar turnout for Lexus
Wishfull heads Sefton contenders
Junior at Becher summit
Fenton big-hitters near return
Tank team consider options