Prospects of racing at Plumpton on Monday appear bleak after an inspection was called for 8am on Sunday.
The East Sussex course is currently waterlogged in places after 10 millimetres of rain overnight and with more on the way, clerk of the course Mark Cornford admits the forecast would have to be wrong for the fixture to go ahead.
Cornford said: "We needed to get rid of the snow, which of course the rain has done, but the course is now waterlogged in places. We're forecast a similar amount of rain and if that is the case, and the forecasters have been more right than wrong this week, we've got a real problem."
He added: "There is a lot of water in the ground and in my opinion, it would have to stay dry between now and Monday for us to be racing. If we're in the same situation (on Sunday) as we're in now, I think it would be folly to keep going."
Sunday's meeting at Fontwell has been abandoned due to a waterlogged track.
With the track already sodden on Thursday morning, clerk of the course Edward Arkell announced an inspection for 10am on Saturday, but heavy rain on Friday night led to Arkell making an early decision.
He said: "There is no point delaying the decision. There is no doubt the meeting has no chance of going ahead. We were already waterlogged on Friday evening and we had another half of inch of rain overnight, so you can imagine the situation we're in now.
"We avoided all the snow, it came as rain instead. Unfortunately, it wasn't a hard decision."
Officials at Leopardstown, where the big race is the BHP Insurance Irish Champion Hurdle, are to hold a precautionary inspection at 8am ahead of Sunday's card due to the prospect of further rain.
The course is currently raceable with the ground described as heavy. It is the chase course that is causing concern after being raced on on Saturday, but it is still hoped that the two chase races will wind up the card after five hurdle races and a bumper. The hurdle track is on fresh ground.
1 September 2014Maguire hails 'fantastic' Peddlers
Balding staying grounded with Park
Culloty joins Leger Legends
McCain salutes retiring Peddlers
Regard among September possibles
Cox takes Haydock plunge with Love
Seven Towcester meetings go to ARC
Paddy gunning for Chepstow
Athenian has sales date
No hurry for Cape call
Further checks for Condon
Mirza on Abbaye trail
Due set to miss Sprint date
Condon 'stable' after Cork fall
Queen rules supreme for Smith
River eases to debut success
Carla tops it up to four
Atzeni strikes on Cappella
Ocean team want Haydock rain
Big time beckons for Orange
Palmer aims high with Aktabantay
Hills ponders Dutch gameplan
31 August 2014Atzeni strikes on Cappella
Imminent return Likely
Logic on comeback trail
Dan edges closer to Mile high
Keane error costly for Unrequited
Notarfbad makes all in Mildmay
Orange enjoys Big win
Fabre strikes with Fintry
Akta in late Solario swoop
Icon takes starring role
Pearl fires home in Bullet
Shortall suffers injury setback
Tent team consider chasing
30 August 2014Keane error costly for Unrequited
Shepherd's sent to Tower
Time will tell for Charlton
Stack filly Alive to chance
Sansevero sent to Tower
Palmer plots Solario success
Fabre has high hopes for Fintry
Belardo team keen on Champagne
Rigueur targets Chester consolation
Native in hunt for Bullet gains
Arc still target for Taghrooda
29 August 2014Catterick on track for AW start
Twiston-Davies extends Aintree role
NTF launch Newcastle petition
Bangor launches schooling raceday
Glance sights turn to Australia
Elm to swerve Solario
Irish Leger an option for Seismos
Muir outlines Point plans
Maarek team mull sprint options
Eagle in Champion frame
Raydara plan undecided
Gosden raises Kingman trip question