Note
14 Feb 2011 | 19:15
Nag Me about
To add a NagMe alert you must sign in.
Forgot password?
Not a member yet?

Search: Horse Jockey Trainer Owner All

Further check at WincantonHeadlines
Wincanton

Wincanton are hopeful of being able to race on Thursday despite feeling it prudent to call a second precautionary inspection at 8am.

The course was passed fit following a lunchtime inspection on Wednesday despite 15 millimetres of rain overnight and on Wednesday morning. However, more rain is forecast in the morning which could still threaten the all-chase card.

"We have passed our 12.30pm inspection. The course is raceable. There is a bit of standing water now, but nothing to worry about, they can race through it," said clerk of the course Barry Johnson.

"We are going to have another inspection at 8am in line of the forecast. It's dry and windy now, but there is a band of rain due to come through tomorrow morning, about two to three millimetres. I'm just being cautious because if we get more than that we'd be in trouble, but we are very hopeful."

Officials at Chepstow have also called an inspection for 8am on Thursday ahead of the meeting planned for Friday. The ground is currently heavy, waterlogged in places.

Clerk of the course Keith Ottesen said: "We had an enormous amount of rain, we were forecast 12-15 millimetres for Tuesday but in a 24-hour period we had 47 millimetres, and either side of that we've had 10 millimetres, so that's more than two inches in just over 36 hours.

"It was torrential almost all of Tuesday and including the snow melt we've had over 100 millimetres since Friday, hence at this time of year, with quite a worn track, it's not in good shape.

"Ironically the skies have cleared now, we're forecast a lit bit of rain but although Friday's forecast is uncertain it's looking like heavy rain from midnight on Thursday. Basically we really don't need another drop to give us a chance of racing and we can't be too optimistic, but we'll assess things at the inspection."

22 July 2014

Queen's Estimate tests positive
Moonlight shines at Musselburgh
Taghrooda could go off favourite
Signal pointed at Phoenix
Course specialist in Ascot return
Bary plots Arc route for Spiritjim
Charlton weighs up Kazeem options
Strangeway targets Galway riches
Grade One status for Mares' event
Halford retains Certerach faith
Varian seeking York glory
HRI unveil 2015 plans
Buick on Ascot weather watch
High hopes for Odeliz
Minella to take Plate test
Scudamore banned for course blunder
Toscanini team mull options
Faydhan team in no rush
Fast Kaar given Dewhurst target
Pique Sous confirmed for Galway
Hannon team cool on Nunthorpe bid
Channon excited by Amralah progress
Haggas expects Hanagan to ride Tag

21 July 2014

Ebor the Clever choice for Cookie
Deauville mission for Fiesolana
Chicquita in Yorkshire Oaks frame
Magical Moore shines again
Kool result for Hannon
Guest considers Memory options
Euro stays with Botti
Ascot on Moohaarib agenda
Injury blow for Boistron team
Encke set for Glorious return
No hurry for Tiggy target
No rush for East aim

20 July 2014

Sous heads Galway Hurdle betting
McCoy savours overtaking Pipe
Bracelet glitters in Irish Oaks
Whittington pounces in Anglesey
Music masters Hackwood rivals
Dazzling Tiggy in Nunthorpe frame
Gutsy Ansgar makes all
India too hot in Curragh opener
Fourth for Kazeem on return
Kosika crushes Newbury rivals

19 July 2014

Bracelet glitters in Irish Oaks
It's a day to remember for McCoy
It's a Rasen Gimme for McCoy
Super-sonic display from Tiggy
Bay bounds clear for Summer spoils
Sunshine at last at Rasen
Storms force Market Rasen delay
Lady bids to bow out on a high
Ansgar takes Minstrel chance
Newsletter out to deliver
Cox pair take Super challenge
Kazeem on the comeback trail
Tennant sitting on big Rasen prize
Newland seeks easy Pickens at Rasen
Realtra camp have Sprint concern
Tarfasha team hopeful of home win

About | Terms | Privacy | Manage Alerts | Manage Account | © 2014