Note
14 Feb 2011 | 19:15
Nag Me about
To add a NagMe alert you must sign in.
Forgot password?
Not a member yet?

Search: Horse Jockey Trainer Owner All

Sandown decision delayedHeadlines
Sandown

A decision as to whether the four hurdle races will be run at Sandown's meeting on Saturday has been delayed until Friday morning.

Officials at the Esher venue have been given the flexibility by the British Horseracing Authority to put a final decision back until a further inspection at 8am after they looked at the track on Thursday afternoon. Should the hurdles course be declared unfit then a six-race all-chase card will take place.

The hurdles track is described as heavy, soft in places (some waterlogging) while the chase course is soft, heavy in places. The morning's inspection is timed to come after up to 15 millimetres of rain which is forecast overnight.

"We're going to have a further look in the morning. There was no final decision taken on which route we go down," said clerk of the course Andrew Cooper.

"We've been given this flexibility to carry over this inspection to Friday morning before declarations are made and after the last of the appreciable rain we shall see before the meeting.

"The hurdles course is no worse than it was, but it wouldn't take a lot of rain to be false in places. I'm pleased we've got the back-up of all-chase card. The foremost aim is to run the card as originally constituted and at this stage I don't foresee any problems with the chase course.

"It is just a degree sounder than the hurdle course and would cope with the rain better. I'd be quite optimistic of staging some racing here on Saturday whether that's a six-race chase card or the original one planned we will have to see. I think at least having something on here will be possible."

1 September 2014

Maguire hails 'fantastic' Peddlers
Balding staying grounded with Park
Culloty joins Leger Legends
McCain salutes retiring Peddlers
Regard among September possibles
Cox takes Haydock plunge with Love
Seven Towcester meetings go to ARC
Paddy gunning for Chepstow
Athenian has sales date
No hurry for Cape call
Further checks for Condon
Mirza on Abbaye trail
Due set to miss Sprint date
Condon 'stable' after Cork fall
Queen rules supreme for Smith
River eases to debut success
Carla tops it up to four
Atzeni strikes on Cappella
Ocean team want Haydock rain
Big time beckons for Orange
Palmer aims high with Aktabantay
Hills ponders Dutch gameplan

31 August 2014

Atzeni strikes on Cappella
Imminent return Likely
Logic on comeback trail
Dan edges closer to Mile high
Keane error costly for Unrequited
Notarfbad makes all in Mildmay
Orange enjoys Big win
Fabre strikes with Fintry
Akta in late Solario swoop
Icon takes starring role
Pearl fires home in Bullet
Shortall suffers injury setback
Tent team consider chasing

30 August 2014

Keane error costly for Unrequited
Shepherd's sent to Tower
Time will tell for Charlton
Stack filly Alive to chance
Sansevero sent to Tower
Palmer plots Solario success
Fabre has high hopes for Fintry
Belardo team keen on Champagne
Rigueur targets Chester consolation
Native in hunt for Bullet gains
Arc still target for Taghrooda

29 August 2014

Catterick on track for AW start
Twiston-Davies extends Aintree role
NTF launch Newcastle petition
Bangor launches schooling raceday
Glance sights turn to Australia
Elm to swerve Solario
Irish Leger an option for Seismos
Muir outlines Point plans
Maarek team mull sprint options
Eagle in Champion frame
Raydara plan undecided
Gosden raises Kingman trip question

About | Terms | Privacy | Manage Alerts | Manage Account | © 2014