Note
14 Feb 2011 | 19:15
Nag Me about
To add a NagMe alert you must sign in.
Forgot password?
Not a member yet?

Search: Horse Jockey Trainer Owner All

Fontwell card in doubtHeadlines
Racing at Fontwell

Thursday's meeting at Fontwell is in serious doubt with several areas of the track waterlogged and more rain forecast.

Officials at the West Sussex track have called an 8am inspection on Wednesday and fear the worst.

"We have still got three or four areas that are waterlogged. We have seen some improvement in other areas of the course, but those areas have got worse if anything and it's been dry since Monday lunchtime," said clerk of the course Edward Arkell.

"If we are not going to be fit to race tomorrow there is more rain forecast from Wednesday afternoon onwards, so it is better we let everybody know and they can make alternative running plans. It's going to be a struggle."

Meanwhile officials at Musselburgh have called a precautionary inspection for 8am on Wednesday ahead of the meeting that afternoon. Ground conditions are described as good, but with a "tricky forecast".

Clerk of the course Harriet Graham tweeted: "Precautionary Inspection 8am due to forecast snow starting between 7-9am changing to sleet/rain later +3 Tricky forecast."

An 8am precautionary inspection has also been called for Wednesday's meeting at Thurles due to the uncertainty of the weather forecast.

A provisional all-chase card has been programmed by the British Horseracing Authority for Sandown on Friday in an attempt to safeguard the fixture. This will consist of the three chases originally scheduled plus three additional chase opportunities.

All additional races will be free to enter and a final decision on whether the existing hurdle races will be abandoned and the provisional chases activated will be made at 8am on Thursday.

Clerk of the course Andrew Cooper said: "Parts of the hurdle course are saturated. We are expecting further rain on Thursday, with some forecasts suggesting as much as 10mm. To give ourselves the best chance of staging a day's racing we have asked BHA to provisionally schedule an all-chase card ."

1 July 2016

Clive Cox harbouring high hopes of Eclipse glory with My Dream Boat at Sandown
Persuasive retains Falmouth option as connections mull future plans
Master Carpenter to miss John Smith's Cup defence at York
Johnston team hoping The Last Lion can roar in Dragon date at Sandown
Marcus Tregoning maps out Burmese options
Minding heads Matron Stakes entries at Leopardstown
Derby flop Ulysses under consideration for Great Voltigeur
Exciting filly Fair Eva has Ascot and Sandown options
John Gosden runs two as he goes in search of seventh Lancashire Oaks
The Gurkha faces six in Coral-Eclipse showdown
Coneygree team considering Wetherby return for recuperating hero

30 June 2016

Frankie Dettori at the double on rare trip to Yarmouth
Fall leads to short Kieren Fallon absence
Superb Story team have Galway in their sights after Cheltenham glory
William Buick speaks of 'deep regret' following failure of French appeal
Kieren Fallon misses Fairyhouse rides following gallops fall
Time Test on course for Eclipse date with Sandown conditions improving
Simon Crisford waiting for better ground with Mokarris
Charlie Appleby looking to Lennox with Charming Thought
Ground forces Easton Angel to bypass Coral Charge at Sandown
July Cup hope Mongolian Saturday pleases connections in Newmarket spin
Hugo Palmer mulling Irish Oaks option for Architecture and We Are Ninety
Clive Cox leaves Goodwood option open for King's Stand hero Profitable

29 June 2016

Charlie Appleby hopes drop in grade can help Emotionless return to winning ways
Henry Candy's stable stars still on course for July Cup clash
Robert Cowell ready to fire twin assault at Sandown's Coral Charge
David Simcock eyes American adventure with Gold Cup third Sheikhzayedroad
Jarlath Fahey eyes late-season targets for Royal Ascot heroine Jennies Jewel
Entries released for major handicaps at Glorious Goodwood
Richard Fahey targets July Cup glory with Don't Touch

14 June 2016

John Gosden's Swiss Range remains in French Oaks reckoning
Japanese star A Shin Hikari bids for Royal Ascot first in Prince of Wales's
Godolphin team unconcerned by mile trip for Usherette at Royal Ascot
Wesley Ward expecting Lady Aurelia to fly in Queen Mary at Ascot
Order Of St George faces 17 rivals in Gold run at Royal Ascot
July Cup remains on Danzeno agenda despite Salisbury defeat
Michael Bell to swerve Gold Cup at Royal Ascot with Big Orange
Ventura Storm set to drop in class following French Derby defeat
Thirsk gets go-ahead following morning inspection
Hugo Palmer gives Royal Ascot go-ahead to Architecture
Ground rules out Goldream's King's Stand defence
Jet Setting stays in training with Adrian Keatley
Richard Hannon says Mehmas has 'excellent chance' in Coventry Stakes
Thirsk abandoned due to unsafe racing conditions
Injured Danny Tudhope suffers more Royal Ascot woe
Michael Dods anticipating bold show from Mecca's Angel in King's Stand at Ascot
Kevin Prendergast has Awtaad 'better and fitter' for Royal Ascot raid
Tepin team shrug off going concerns ahead of Queen Anne outing at Ascot
Ground concerns scupper Time Test's Royal Ascot date

About | Terms | Privacy | Manage Alerts | Manage Account | © 2016